Alternate Accommodation

Many insurers provide for accommodation costs in their Home and Contents policies. If your home becomes unfit to live in due to loss or damage the insurer will cover the costs for alternate accommodation while your home is under repair or being rebuilt. The amount provided for is usually equal to the rentable value of your home. If you are a tenant you will only be covered for the amount above your normal rental costs.