LVR

Loan to Value Ratio. Refers to the maximum amount lenders will approve against the value of any property taken as security for your home loan. For example if you wish to purchase a property worth $100,000 the lender may approve a loan for 80% of the property value. It will then be up to you to provide the remaining 20% plus costs (mortgage registration and stamp duty etc). On reverse mortgages, LVRs rise with age.

Advertisement