How to receive the $150 Holiday Rebate
The government has released full details on how to apply for the $150 rebate as part of the Holiday Incentive Program.
The $150 rebate will be available on a ‘first come, first served' basis to just over 33,000 travellers taking holidays in Australia who satisfy the conditions below.
- Travel must be booked through a licensed travel agent between 22 November 2001and 31 January 2002 inclusive and a minimum deposit of $150 paid.
- Travel must be booked, paid for and undertaken by Australian residents. Business and government travel is not eligible for the rebate.
- Travel must commence on or after 14 January 2002 and be completed on or before 30 April 2002.
- The ground component (i.e. non-airfare component) of the travel must be valued at $750 or more and this amount (or more) must be paid in full to the travel agent before departure.
- Travel must be undertaken within Australia.
- Travel must involve a stay of at least 3 nights duration in commercial accommodation.
Only one rebate is available to each household and personal details, including residential address, will be recorded to prevent people from the same household making duplicate applications.
For further information visit the Federal Government tourism website.