Next Weeks Economic Highlights
For those keeping an eye on economic data releases and monetary meetings next weeks calendar will be of some interest.
According to Commonwealth Bank Research the highlights are:
- US FOMC meeting the key event next week
- Expect the Fed to leave US monetary policy on hold
- Domestic data unlikely to have an impact on local markets
- Key US employment data due at weeks end
- Potential for “flight to safety” on military developments in Serbia
- New Japanese financial year could add to market volatility
CBA Research also notes that in respect to domestic data they expect a 1.5% fall in retail trade figures for February. However given recent month to month volatility in these figures it is unlikely that financial markets will read too much into this.