About this website
This website is operated by InfoChoice Pty Ltd ACN 061 105 735 ABN 93 061 105 735 AFSL 349445 ACL 349445 ("we", "us", "our", "InfoChoice"). See InfoChoice's Financial Service Guide (pdf).
Please note that we provide information on our website about financial products and credit products such as home loans, personal loans and credit cards. However, we are not a credit provider and we are not suggesting that you apply for a particular credit product with a particular provider of those products, nor are we trying to assist you to apply for a particular credit product with a particular provider. It is also important you understand that should you decide to apply for a credit product after visiting our website, you will be dealing with the provider of that product and not with us.
This website includes information provided by financial institutions, credit or financial services providers and other organisations in connection with the services offered by us or by such third parties. We reserve the right to change the financial institutions, credit or financial services providers and other organisations referred to, and information about them, at any time. We accept no responsibility in respect of any such information or any change to that information.
The information contained in this website (which is provided for your information and use) and any tools provided (which are for illustrative purposes only) and any results they give, should not be taken as constituting personal advice. Whilst we have made every effort to ensure that such information and tools are correct and complete, we have relied on third party providers and there can be mistakes made, so we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness or appropriateness to you of any of the information provided or linked on this website or the tools (or any calculation) or tables on this website. We recommend that you seek independent advice before acting upon any information provided or linked on this web site. Please ensure you check any information or the results of using any tool if you intend to rely on them. We would appreciate your telling us if you find any error or omission, so we can fix it.
Please also remember when you are using this website that your equipment, our systems and the internet are sometimes subject to performance constraints, which can affect the speed of the website and the use of it you may wish to make. You may experience errors and service interruptions when using this website or accessing any links available on it. In addition, the website may not be available at all times. Further, we do not guarantee that this website or any third party website linked to this website will be free from viruses.
“Sponsored” and “Featured” Products
“Sponsored” products are products offered by a provider with which InfoChoice has a commercial marketing arrangement in place.
“Sponsored” products are displayed first within the search results pages and can be re-sorted without this filter by de-selecting the “Show sponsored listings first” checkbox.
“Featured” products are “sponsored” products selected by InfoChoice, at its discretion, to promote to consumers, based on a range of factors including whether the product is likely to be of interest to our customers. However, our selection of a featured product should not be constituted as an endorsement of that product, or a representation that a product best suits your needs.
InfoChoice may receive a commission, referral fee or payment from a provider when you click on a link to a “Sponsored” or “Featured” product.
Use and Access
The InfoChoice Website and its Content are made available only to genuine bona fide website users interested in comparing for themselves, the goods and services available for ranking and comparison on the InfoChoice Website and the Comparison Websites, and any other person who has our prior written consent to do so. By using the InfoChoice Website you warrant that you are such a website user.
You must not use the InfoChoice Website or its Content:
• for commercial purposes (including for competitive advantage or to the competitive disadvantage of InfoChoice, its Related Bodies Corporate or any Supplier);
• in any manner that is inconsistent with the purpose for which the InfoChoice Website is provided;
• in any manner which is in breach of any laws; or
• in any other way which is not expressly permitted by these Terms or InfoChoice.
Without limiting the above, you will not and will not permit a third party to:
• use or access the InfoChoice Website or its Content in a way that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person;
• copy or disclose to any person, any Content other than as expressly permitted by these Terms;
• use any method or process (including data scraping, collection or accumulation tool, robot, spider or scripted responses) for the purpose of obtaining, processing, copying, replicating, distributing, reconfiguring, republishing, viewing, assessing, analysing, modifying or repackaging the Content;
• use any method or process to consolidate or combine the Content with any other content, data, information, images or material;
• reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to construct or identify the InfoChoice Website's source code, formulas or processes;
• use, access or retain any Content in any manner or form whatsoever, unless expressly permitted by these Terms;
• use systematic, repetitive or any other methods which are designed to obtain a large number of quotes, comparisons, rankings or other pricing and related information from the InfoChoice Website;
• use, obtain or attempt to obtain from the InfoChoice Website, information in order to identify or discover pricing, underwriting, rating and related business methodology or systems;
• do anything which will or may damage, disrupt access to or interfere with the proper operation of the InfoChoice Website;
• do anything which will or may place an unreasonable load on the infrastructure of the InfoChoice Website;
• post, distribute or send any 'spamming material' or any other form of bulk communication;
• impersonate any person or entity;
• publish or disseminate any material which is unlawful, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
• use the InfoChoice Website to harass, defame, abuse, threaten or otherwise offend others; and
• transmit any material which contains viruses or other computer codes designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the efficient operation of the InfoChoice Website, its software or hardware.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we:
(b) will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by you, regardless of the nature of such loss or damage, and regardless of the nature of the claim, whether in contract, tort or any other legal theory, and whether or not we know of the possibility of such loss or damage.
We will only accept liability where we have expressly agreed to do so in a contract between us, or such liability is prescribed by statute. In such cases where the law imposes upon us a liability which cannot be excluded, to the fullest extent permitted by law, our liability will be limited at our option to (i) the supply of services again, or (ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Infochoice Security Statement & Security Features
We are committed to implementing a number of security controls to ensure the integrity and security of data. These include the implementation of:
1. 128 bit SSL encryption. This level of encryption will be used on all data that is sent between your computer and any of the secure pages on our website.
2. A time-out period after a period of browser inactivity to reduce the risk of anyone else accessing your account details if you leave your computer.
3. Regular security reviews of our systems architecture.
Below are some simple actions you can take to protect your information and increase your own security when transacting on line. This list should not be regarded as exhaustive and is provided for information purposes only.
1. Make sure you sign in via the authorised InfoChoice site address http://www.infochoice.com.au/ and always sign in directly from your browser.
2. Check that the secure session has been authenticated with a valid security certificate.
3. Never accept links or redirections from other websites or emails for the purpose of signing into this website.
4. Be wary of using public or Internet Cafe computers to access or perform financial transactions.
5. Always check for a locked padlock symbol at the bottom right corner of your browser, as this indicates it is secure to use.
6. Ensure you do not record or save your Customer ID and/or Password on your computer.
7. Disable or switch off the option on your browser for retaining user names and passwords.
8. Ensure that you are not observed when entering your User Name and Password when you sign into http://www.infochoice.com.au/.
9. For your security, your password should:
• not contain your name, date of birth, telephone number or address
• not be disclosed to anyone else, not even family members or friends
• not be stored in your computer's programmable function keys
• be changed regularly and be easy to memorise but difficult to guess
• keep your password secret and change it regularly.
10. If you have lost, forgotten or misplaced your Password, simply click on “lost password?” in the member’s log-in box on the InfoChoice homepage and your password will be sent to you automatically and securely.
11. We should be notified immediately if you suspect that your Password has been compromised or you are concerned of any suspect activity on your Account.
12. Remember: our staff will never ask you for details of your Password.
13. Always use the latest antivirus, anti-spyware and firewall software to maintain security.
14. If there are any transactions you are unfamiliar with or that look suspicious, please contact us.
© 2011 Infochoice Pty Ltd