Our goal is to make it easy for every day Australians to research financial products and find the ones that better meet their needs.
We want you to take control and do your own research using our tools, data and comparisons – to take control of the products and services that you use.
We aim to bring you a comprehensive list of financial products in the Australian market.
Always free for you
Our service is free – no hidden fees or mark ups.
We provide all our information without the need for membership or subscription fees.
The Details – How it all works
We provide you with the ability to access information on a vast range of financial and insurance products. You can:
Calculate: we have a range of calculators on our site to help you calculate things like
- loan repayments
- stamp duty cost
- how much you are able to borrow
- areas you can afford to buy a home in
- how much you can save
- credit card repayment savings by paying more than the minimum
Find: we have a range of tools on our site to allow you to find products that are most relevant to you
Compare: once you have narrowed your search down to a short list we enable you to do a side by side product comparison including relevant fees, rates, features and premiums
Choose: following your research you should be able to identify the product you believe has the most value for your circumstances
Apply: by clicking on the relevant product links for Sponsored Listings you will be transferred to the relevant institution's website. For products that are not Sponsored Listings you will need to get in touch with the relevant institution directly in order to proceed to apply for a product.
Which products do we list on our site?
We will always publish ALL products entered into our system regardless of whether institutions pay us a fee, because we believe it is important to provide you with a comprehensive list of products. InfoChoice supports competition on the basis that we believe this is good for all of us.
How do we make money
To help you navigate the complex world of finance, insurance and utilities, we are committed to offering you a free service to help find you the right product to suit your needs. We get paid in four key ways.
1. Sponsored products are products offered by a provider with which InfoChoice has a commercial marketing arrangement in place.
Sponsored products are displayed first within the search results pages and can be re-sorted without this filter by de-selecting the “Show sponsored listings first”. They will have a link to a product provider’s website should you wish to get more information or apply for the product. InfoChoice has a commercial relationship with these product providers and may receive a commission, referral, fee or payment from a provider when you click on a link to a product. This payment structure may include a combination of:
- Cost per Click (CPC) for click referred from the InfoChoice website to a product provider;
- Cost per Application (CPA) for completed applications that resulted from clicks referred from the InfoChoice website to a product provider;
- Cost per Approved Application (CPAA) for completed approved applications that resulted from clicks referred from the InfoChoice website to a product provider;
- Cost per Lead (CPL) for enquiries referred to a product provider or where enquiries result from referred clicks from the InfoChoice website to a product provider;
- Cost per Issued Product (CPP) – for a successful sale that resulted from referred clicks or enquires from the InfoChoice website to a product provider, broker or other third party; or
- Commission share on referrals to third party advice providers (mortgage/finance/insurance broker, financial adviser, financial institution, utilities provider or any other third party). Income could be an upfront commission and/or ongoing commission. The commission depends on the amount of the finance, cost of the product or other factors and may vary from product to product.
2. Featured Products and Advertisements are a form of advertising. InfoChoice may receive a commission, referral, fee, payment or advertising fees from a provider when you click on a link to a product. We may sort or promote the order of these products based on our commercial arrangements.
Advertising fees from product providers for product advertisements through emails, sponsored content or placement on the InfoChoice website are based on Cost per Impression, Cost per Click, Cost per Application, Cost per Approved Application, Cost per Lead, Cost per Funded, Fixed Sponsorship/Advertising fee or a combination.
3. Subscription Service. InfoChoice may also receive fees from product providers for the following activities:
a) subscription fees for data provision; and
b) fixed cost development, licensing and hosting fees for the use of financial calculators, key fact sheets and research.
4. Award Licenses. In some cases, for a licensing fee, our finalists and / or winners may choose to display our award logos in their marketing materials and on their website to promote the quality of the product to the public.
All fees are negotiated with institutions on a case by case basis and may vary between products and providers.
Where do we get our information from and accuracy of data?
In many cases our data is provided and updated directly by the financial institutions. We have processes in place to bring you an up to date and accurate picture of the products and services you are looking for.
On some occasions InfoChoice website may have some product changes that have not been reflected due to the large volume of products we compare and our reliance on product providers. You should confirm any information with the product provider and read the information they provide.
Please email us at [email protected] in instances where you believe our data is not accurate. Reporting this to us would be highly appreciated.