What types of credit cards are there?
Are you in the market for a new credit card? Before you make any decisions about which credit card to use, it’s important to research the different types of cards available. To make things easier, we’ve compiled a list of the various credit card types on the market.
Credit cards are an easy way to manage your day-to-day finances. You’re able to borrow money up to an agreed-upon limit and pay it off before any interest charges come into effect.
What are the different types of credit cards?
When it comes to choosing a credit card, you have a number of options:
· Low interest rate: As the name suggests, a low rate credit card comes with a lower interest rate than many others. This credit card is great for everyday expenses such as utility bills or grocery shopping
· Platinum or gold: On the other end of the scale, platinum or gold credit cards usually come with higher credit limits and a variety of benefits, including a reward program. These types of credit cards are suited to people with a high income and large expenses
· Balance transfers: To help you get on top of your spending, a balance transfer allows you to shift a certain percentage of your credit card balance to a new card. The new card usually comes with a lower or no interest rate for a set period of time
· Rewards: From discounts to travel rewards, credit card loyalty programs can play a large role in someone’s decision to get a credit card
What should you consider before applying for a credit card?
Make sure you do your research before choosing a credit card. Here are a few points to consider while looking for a suitable option:
· Interest rate
· Credit limit
· Credit score
· Reward programs
· Interest-free period
How does InfoChoice compare credit cards?
InfoChoice has been helping people find, compare, choose and apply for a range of products for more than 20 years.
Our goal is to help you make an informed decision about your purchase. Our comparison tools are comprehensive, informative, accurate and up to date.
To help you compare credit cards, we’ve pulled together a list of providers. You can compare cards by:
· Rates: Interest rates are an important factor when deciding on a credit card
· Features: Credit card features include purchase insurance and a variety of reward programs
· Fees: Keep an eye on the fees and charges you need to pay. Late payments and exceeding the set limit are just a few of the things you’ll be charged extra for
· Rewards: If you’re interested in making the most of your credit card reward program it pays to look at the different programs each card offers
Whatever you're looking for, InfoChoice can help you make the right decision. Our comparison tables lets us track and update interest rates in real-time, giving you the most up-to-date credit card information.
Compare credit cards today to find something suitable for you.