About the author
Harrison is a Financial Analyst and Editor at InfoChoice. Prior to joining the InfoChoice Group in January 2020, he worked for some of Australia's largest comparison sites and media organisations.
With a keen interest in the economy, housing policy, and personal finance, Harrison strives to deliver and edit news and guides that are engaging, thought-provoking, and simple to read.
In the media
- Millennials are now behaving like their Boomer parents thanks to inflation - News.com.au
- Why a mum on a fixed rate mortgage is down to one meal a day - Daily Mail
- Two-bedroom apartments becoming a dying breed as cost of living crisis bites - News.com.au
- How much less homebuyers can borrow after the 7.1% HECS increase - Nine Newspapers
- Brutal reality of Australia's cost-of-living crisis - Daily Mail
- Rental stress at dire levels in Australia, amid calls for better government action - 9News.com.au
- Fast-falling inflation points to interest rate relief - Australian Property Investor Magazine
- Rental stress grips two-thirds of Aussie renters - Australian Broker
Harrison's latest articles
How to apply for a credit card in 8 Steps
Here are eight important steps in the process of finding and applying for a credit card that suits your lifestyle.
Fixed Rate Expiry Tsunami Graphic: Methodology & Assumptions
How to pay off your credit card
Debt getting out of control? Looking to streamline the cards in your wallet? Here's how to pay off your credit card bill to avoid nasty interest payments.
Competition reignites in term deposit space
It's now fairly common to find a 12-month rate with a rate in the mid-4 per cent range.
Athena revamps home loans in challenging period for mortgages
Athena has maintained its 'No loyalty tax' stance with existing customers on the same rate as new customers.
Got a big deposit or equity? CBA slashes variable rates on some home loans
Australia's largest bank has cut variable home loan rates for Wealth Package home loans by up to 203 basis points | Infochoice
CommBank, Macquarie increase term deposit rates, but have we reached the peak?
Can I say to people - have a good look around, get yourself a good, competitive rate.
Defence Bank has a sub-4% credit card rate
Defence Bank has a credit card offer with an introductory rate of 3.99% p.a. for six months.
Appetite for new home loans wanes yet refinancing remains elevated
Heritage and People's Choice members agree to merge
The combination of the two would create an entity worth nearly $27 billion, eclipsing Great Southern Bank as the largest customer-owned bank in Australia.
Which banks increased term deposit rates this week? 17 Feb
Community First and Judo are the new market leaders in the 12-month space with rates of 4.50% p.a. and 4.45% p.a. respectively.
BOQ lifts savings account rate but still no 5%
Bank of Queensland lifted its popular 'Future Saver' account rate to 4.90% p.a. - an increase of 15 basis points.