How We Make Money
“Sponsored” products are products offered by a provider with which InfoChoice has a commercial marketing arrangement in place.
“Sponsored” products are displayed first within the search results pages and can be re-sorted without this filter by de-selecting the “Show sponsored listings first”. They will have a link to a product provider’s website should you wish to get more information or apply for the product. InfoChoice has a commercial relationship with these product providers and may receive a commission, referral, fee or payment from a provider when you click on a link to a product.
Fees for clicks referred to product providers on the following basis:
- Cost per Click (CPA) for click referred from the InfoChoice website to a product provider
- Cost per Application (CPA) for completed applications that resulted from clicks referred from the InfoChoice website to a product provider.
- Cost per Approved Application (CPAA) for completed approved applications that resulted from clicks referred from the InfoChoice website to a product provider.
- Cost per Lead (CPL) for enquiries referred to a product provider or where enquiries result from referred clicks from the InfoChoice website to a product provider.
- Commission share on referrals to third party advice providers.
“Featured” Products and “Advertisement” are a form of advertising. InfoChoice may receive a commission, referral, fee, payment or advertising fees from a provider when you click on a link to a product. We may sort or promote the order of these products based on our commercial arrangements.
Advertising fees from product providers for product advertisements through emails, sponsored content or placement on the InfoChoice website are based on Cost per Impression, Cost per Click, Cost per Application, Cost per Approved Application, Cost per Lead, Fixed Sponsorship/Advertising fee or a combination.
InfoChoice may also receive fees from product providers for the following activities:
- Subscription fees for data provision
- Fixed cost development, licensing and hosting fees for the use of financial calculators, Key Facts Sheets and research.
All fees are negotiated with institutions on a case by case basis and varies between products and providers.