How We Make Money
To help you navigate the complex world of finance, insurance and utilities, we are committed to offering you a free service to help find you the right product to suit your needs. We get paid in four key ways.
1. Sponsored products are products offered by a provider with which InfoChoice has a commercial marketing arrangement in place.
Sponsored products are displayed first within the search results pages and can be re-sorted without this filter by de-selecting the “Show sponsored listings first”. They will have a link to a product provider’s website should you wish to get more information or apply for the product. InfoChoice has a commercial relationship with these product providers and may receive a commission, referral, fee or payment from a provider when you click on a link to a product. This payment structure may include a combination of:
- Cost per Click (CPC) for click referred from the InfoChoice website to a product provider;
- Cost per Application (CPA) for completed applications that resulted from clicks referred from the InfoChoice website to a product provider;
- Cost per Approved Application (CPAA) for completed approved applications that resulted from clicks referred from the InfoChoice website to a product provider;
- Cost per Lead (CPL) for enquiries referred to a product provider or where enquiries result from referred clicks from the InfoChoice website to a product provider;
- Cost per Issued Product (CPP) – for a successful sale that resulted from referred clicks or enquires from the InfoChoice website to a product provider, broker or other third party; or
- Commission share on referrals to third party advice providers (mortgage/finance/insurance broker, financial adviser, financial institution, utilities provider or any other third party). Income could be an upfront commission and/or ongoing commission. The commission depends on the amount of the finance, cost of the product or other factors and may vary from product to product.
2. Featured Products and Advertisements are a form of advertising. InfoChoice may receive a commission, referral, fee, payment or advertising fees from a provider when you click on a link to a product. We may sort or promote the order of these products based on our commercial arrangements.
Advertising fees from product providers for product advertisements through emails, sponsored content or placement on the InfoChoice website are based on Cost per Impression, Cost per Click, Cost per Application, Cost per Approved Application, Cost per Lead, Cost per Funded, Fixed Sponsorship/Advertising fee or a combination.
3. Subscription Service. InfoChoice may also receive fees from product providers for the following activities:
a) subscription fees for data provision; and
b) fixed cost development, licensing and hosting fees for the use of financial calculators, key fact sheets and research.
4. Award Licenses. In some cases, for a licensing fee, our finalists and / or winners may choose to display our award logos in their marketing materials and on their website to promote the quality of the product to the public.
All fees are negotiated with institutions on a case by case basis and may vary between products and providers.
Updated: 14 September 2020